My Canine Companion, Autism Services are seeking Two Part-time Kennel Assistants to join their team at their headquarters in Whitechurch, Co.Cork.
Kennel Assistants are responsible for maintaining the day to day running of the kennel environment, and for providing specialised care and education to assistance dogs and puppies in training.
● To maintain all kennel areas and equipment on a daily basis
● To monitor and maintain the mental and physical wellbeing of dogs within the kennel environment
● Perform all basic husbandry requirements on a daily basis
● Provide general medical care to sick or injured dogs, this includes taking temperatures,
administering medication, general first aid and pre and post operative care
● To maintain high dog training standards, using appropriate dog handling techniques
● Communicate effectively with staff members, volunteers and the general public
● Maintain and record all dog related health and behavioural issues on a daily basis
● Contribute to a safe and healthy working environment by adherence to safe working practices
● Evening, Weekend and Public Holidays work are requirements of this position
● Candidates must be over 18
● Hold a Full Clean Driving Licence
● Leaving Certificate
● Certificates in FETAC level 5 or 6 Animal Care or Veterinary Nursing will be highly regarded.
● Experience in Animal related fields is desirable.
Please post applications to:
My Canine Companion
9 Sunberry Heights
Closing Date for Applicants is: 23rd January 2014